SFRC started over a century ago, driven by individuals with similar interests. They came together then, as we do now, to learn together and from each other. We encourage interest in all aspects of the hobby, and to aid our community.
Thank you for providing me the honor of serving as President for the 2018 year, and for providing a stellar collection of leaders to serve with on the Board of Director. We look forward to continued growth, building on the strong foundation of the oldest continuously operating amateur radio club in the world.
The Board of Directors met recently to discuss the coming year, and are pleased to present the following objectives for 2018:
- Secure 501(c)(3), aka “nonprofit”, status by the end of 2018. This will serve to strengthen the future of the club, by encouraging greater asset donations, and providing more resources to serve the community.
- Increase membership and member participation. We are developing a definition of membership, underscoring the benefits, towards improving affiliation and retention rates.
- Discounted club materials and services (i.e. name tags; license examination fees)
- SFRC equipment loan library
- Monthly newsletter
- Priority access to club sponsored events
- Eligibility to apply for lifetime membership
- Free classified advertising on SFRC website
- Increase awareness of SFRC and its function throughout San Francisco and the greater Bay Area.
None of this is possible without each and every one of you. We still need and want you to share your interests and ideas. More importantly, we need your participation, not just at the meetings and events, but also in the continued development and growth of our club. We see our role as the elected leaders is not to impose, but to facilitate.
We look forward to seeing you throughout the year, at all of the SFRC events!