Test Candidates must bring the following:
- Examination Fee: $15.00 (CASH ONLY, exact change). Receipt will be provided.
- Identification: Government issued photo identification (i.e. state issued driver’s license, passport).
- FCC Registration Number (FRN): Register via the FCC Commission Registration System (CORES), https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- Proof of License Grant (if testing to upgrade license): This may be satisfied by providing one of the following:
- Original FCC issued license; or
- Original CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination), issued by Volunteer Examiner at previous testing session
- Test candidates are allowed use of a personal calculator, but must demonstrate that all memories have been cleared. Although they may incorporate calculation features, smartphones or other devices are not acceptable substitutes for a calculator.
Did you know?
Your examination fee of $15 (CASH ONLY) entitles you to attempt successive exam elements for no additional fee, as long as you successfully earn the previous element in the same testing session. In other words, you may go from Technician to General to Extra in one session (providing time allows) for a single fee.
Can I retake my test?
If you are not successful passing the exam don't worry. You may make up to five separate attempts in the same SFRC sponsored examination session (time permitting). The $15 examination fee applies for each examination attempt.
Free 1 Year SFRC membership
Here is another reason to pass your exam! Successful candidates will get one year free membership at our San Francisco Radio Club! Here you will learn how to use your radio and how to put your new skills to work!
(Applies only to new members, earning a new license element at an SFRC sponsored VE session).